2nd International DON QUICHOTTE Cartoon Contest
Into Turkish and into appearing German caricature magazine -Don Quichotte- specified the topic to second competition in this year as -immigration-. -Don Quichotte- is a bi-lingual culture magazine, to make possible a whose goal a direct connection of the Turkish caricature with the world caricature and to point the topics out of the world from different point of view as well as to bundle these works in an exhibition to a forming of an opinion. These topic tables` definitions are in the 50. Anniversary of German -immigration-, both in the society, and in the intercultural exchange, once more the centre. The goals of this competition are to be pointed out above all the reasons of immigration and the analysis of the problems of the immigrants.
The basis of this topic table`s definition lies in two questions hidden:
1) Why do humans decide to leave and live in another country live its country?
2) Why do the country of the immigration accept these humans not as like their own citizens? The problems of the illegal immigration employ us in the whole world each day ever more. Humans, who are transporters illegally from a country to another, the either at hunger and suffering or as we in the last months frequently experienced, drown on grausemer way in the sea. The powerlessness of the states before this problem and the inability to find a durable solution increase this kind of tragedies each year. -Don Quichotte- hopes by the diversion of the attention by designs, its contribution for the identification of a durable solution, carries out to be able.
THE RULES OF COMPETITION:
1) With participation in competition is possible only by Internet.
2) The participating work may have been published neither with another competition presented nor on any way. With an offence, the deprivation of the achieved prices is the result.
3) The designs are to be drawn in A3-Size to deliver in 300 dpi dissolution and in JPEG format. They know both and black-and-white, and to be colored, the coloured representation is exactly the same as the colortechnical treatment of the work is incumbent on not a containment.
4) The sent in caricatures are issued first on the web pages of the -Don Quichotte- under the column (today/Bugun). Thus the work those is excluded the regulation to contradict, promptly from the competition. Thus in the past the pretty often experienced unauthorized counterfeit, of a work is avoided.
5) The closing date of the competition is 28 February 2007.
6)The jury, from the artist living in Germany , writer, politician, journalist (immigrant like also Germans) exists, evaluates the works between 10. and 15. March. Results of this evaluation and conception of the price-crowned works are published on 31 March 2007.
7) The award of the prize will take place in the context of the opening of the exhibition in April in Esslingen (place and date of this meeting are communicated at a later time).
PRIZES: - First Prize: 1,000, 00 Euro- Second Prize: 750,00 Euro- Third Prize: 500,00 Euro- Special Prizes (given change from the Institutional and federations Active in Germany in this area)