48. Knokke-Heist International Cartoonfestival 2008
DEADLINE: January 12th 2009
1. This contest is open to anybody aged at least 18. By the simple fact of participating, all contestants accept the conditions and provisions of these regulations and agree to abide by the decisions of the jury. There will be no correspondance about this competition. The Belgian law is applied as far as the tax on the prizes awarded to foreign participants is concerned.
2. THEMES: A. No theme ( free)
3. ENTRIES -In total 5 cartoons
3.1 The entries
a) must be original cartoons; in black and white or in colour
b) may not as yet have been exhibited in Belgium, nor have won a prize at another festival.
c) may bear no captions
d) must be sent- either flat and not folded- or not folded, rolled in a hard case
Remark : The entries (dimensions, number, etc.) and the registration form (signature, date of birth) which do not comply with the above mentioned articles will not be taken into consideration for the international competition and will be returned to the sender.
4. DIMENSIONS OF THE CARTOONSA : min. 21 cm and max. 42 cmB : min. 30 cm and max. 60 cm.Cartoons already under glass, framed or on other materials than paper will not be eligible for the exhibition.
5. ENTRY FORMYour participation will only be taken into account if your entry form carries your date of birth as well as your signature. Every cartoon must state the surname and first name of the author on the back. Postage must be paid by the participants.
6. PROPERTY RIGHTSBy the mere fact of taking part in the contest, the participants empower the organizing association to make use of their entries for promotional purposes on behalf of the International Cartoon festival and the seaside resort of Knokke-Heist (cartoonbook, catalogue, publicity in the press and other media, posters, folders, calendar, official gifts by the local authorities and/or the festivals organizers, etc.)
7. JURYAmong the entries, a jury makes a selection for the exhibition and appoints the prize-winners.
8. ADMISSION TO THE EXHIBITIONUpon presentation of the receipt of their entries, all contestants will be admitted to the exhibition without charge.
9. PROPERTY OF THE ORGANIZING ASSOCIATIONAll award-winning entries will become property of the organizing association. The organizing association will have the option to retain one drawing at the most of every contestant whose work was selected. Article 6. will be applicable.
10. CATALOGUE / CARTOONBOOKIn cooperation with the" Davidsfonds Leuven "a catalogue / cartoonbook will be edited according to the technical and financial means. Selected participants are entitled to one catalogue.
11. RETURN MAILThe charges for returning such works as will not become the property of the organizing association will be borne by the latter. The organizers will endeavour to handle the return forwardings with the utmost care but cannot be held responsible for loss or damages.
1 Golden Hat - 3.500 Euro(including fligth and hotel accommodation in Knokke-Heist during openings weekend)
2 Silver Hat - 2.000 Euro(including fligth and hotel accommodation in Knokke-Heist during openings weekend)
3 Bronze Hat - 1.250 Euro(including fligth and hotel accommodation in Knokke-Heist during openings weekend)
4 Knack cartoon Award - 500 Euro5 Publics Prize - 2008 - 500 Euro
ADDRESS: CULTUURCENTRUM KNOKKE-HEIST
vzwMeerlaan 32, B-8300 Knokke-Heist Belgium tel:+3250630.430
fax: + 3250630.429
http://www.cartoonblues.com/Contests/knokke_2008_form.pdf Complete regulations