3rd Cartoonale "De Geus" Lebbeke - Belgium
CULTURELE VERENIGING ‘DE GEUS’afdeling van Curieus
3rd CARTOONALE “DE GEUS”RULES 20091.
The cultural association ‘De Geus’, Belgium organises every two year a cartooncontest.
very person older than 16 years may participate in this contest.
3. SENDINGS IN
* The cartoons sent in should be original and not published before. All graphic technics are allowed. Text is not allowed.
* The themes treated are free.
* The cartoons should be drawed on solid paper of 21 cm x 29,7 cm (Din A4).
* There is no restriction of the number of sendings in.* On the backside of each cartoon the name of the cartoonist must be mentioned with his address.
The cartoons (without passe-partout) must be solidly packed and at latest the 20th of August 2009 sent tot the following address together with the entry form/Cartoonale ‘De Geus’ 2009, Clement Vlassenroot, Duivenkeetstraat 16, B-9280 Lebbeke BELGIUM
5. Right of publicationParticipating in the contest the cartoondrawer agrees that the cartoons sent in will be used for an exposition as mentioned in the rules. The awarded cartoons remain property of the organisers.
The jury acts autonomously on awarding prizes.There is no correspondence allowed with the jury about his decisions.
By the jury four prizes are adjudged:1st prize : 500 Euro2nd prize : 250 Euro3rd prize : 150 Euro4th prize : 150 Euro for the best classified artist under 25 years old.
8. EXPOSITION AND DISTRIBUTION OF PRIZES
The results of the contest will be announced on Friday the 25th of September at 19.30 h in gallery ‘De Fontein’.A selection of the cartoons will be exposed in art – gallery ‘De Fontein’ in Lebbeke on the 25th, 26th, 27th of September and the 3rd and 4th of October.
9. SENDING BACK
The cartoons will be sent back only if it is marked on the entry form.The organisator is not responsible neither for lost nor for damaged cartoons during the sending in and sending back.
10 By his or her participation the artist agrees with these rules.