INTERNATIONAL GRAPHICS ILLUSTRATION SATIRE AND HUMOUR CONTEST "FRATELLI D'ITALIA"
Deadline: April 30, 2010
Dear colleague,we remember you to participate in the INTL GRAPHICS ILLUSTRATION SATIRE AND HUMOUR CONTEST "FRATELLI D'ITALIA", organized by FASI (Italy), the Federation Association of Sardinians in Italy, and created to celebrate the 150th anniversary of the Unity of Italy
Theme: FRATELLI D'ITALIA
Sections: A) Sardegna; B) Illustration; C) Satire & Humour
Deadline: April 30, 2010
1. The contest is open to all cartoonists, illustrators, and graphic designers around the world. You are also allowed to participate without competing. Such requests exempt the author from winning a prize, but makes it possible to still publish and/or display the author's work.
2. Theme: FRATELLI D'ITALIA
From the kingdom of Sardinia to the kingdom of Italy. From the Italian republic to the European Union. From Europe to the United Nations. Independence and globalization. One hundred and fifty years of events, action, heroes and influential people either in Italy or the European Union.In the age of globalization try to express:- The capacity to evoke concepts of unity and national identity, independence, liberty, and the state. Philosophers, politicians, and poets of the Italian rebirth (Risorgimento Italiano) and to retell the most important moments and the influential people that characterize the first 150 years of Italian history.- The current condition of democracy, humanitarian works, and peace.- The future of the state, of the state in times of globalization and fortunes of the current ideals of the '900.
The contest is divided into three categories:
A) Sardegna. This is dedicated to the artists that with any graphic technique, satire, caricature, or cartoon strip that brings to mind the actions and the Sards that, originating from the kingdom of Sardegna, were creators of the kingdom of Italy and of the Italian Republic.
B) Illustrations. Graphics, lithography, web art, computer art
C) Satire and Humour. Cartoons, strips, caricaturesIt is permitted to submit an entry for each of the three categories.
4. PrizesTotal money prizes amounting: 25.000 €uro- Prize "Sardegna": 1st prize 5.000 €uro - 2nd prize 1.500 €uro- Prize "Illustrations": 1st prize 5.000 €uro - 2nd prize 1.500 €uro- Prize "Satire and Humour": 1st prize 5.000 €uro - 2nd prize 1.500 €uro
The prizes are offered by: Presidenza Consiglio della Regione Autonoma della Sardegna, Presidenza Consiglio della Regione Lazio, Presidenza della Regione Toscana, Presidenza Consiglio della Regione Piemonte- Prize "Black Sheep": 3.000 €uro from the Comune di Burgos- Prize "Inside the history": 1.000 €uro from the Fondazione Giuseppe Siotto, Cagliari- Prize "The see us like this": 1.500 €uro from the ACLI SardegnaThere will be 10 "Special Mentions"Other special prizes may be offered from various institutional sponsors, private interests, associations, newspapers and agencies.
A maximum of three works for each section may be submitted with any technique and any supported paper or canvas of the same dimension. The submitted works must be originals, and must arrive with the application form and the biography of the author. Each work must be signed and must have on the back the following information: the title of the work, the author's name, last name, address, phone number, and email address. The author must indicate on each work into which section it is to be entered.
The entries must be mailed (postage paid by the sender) without frames or glass to the following address:FASI Casella Postale 18260Ufficio Postale 018 Via Cavour, 71/A50129 Firenze ITALY Photocopies or photographs will not be accepted.
6. Deadline30th of April, 2010 (based on the postmark)
7. FormatUNI A4 (21 x 29,7 cm) otherwise UNI A3 (29,7 x 42 cm)
8. TechniqueFree. The works can be created even with digital techniques as long as they can be printed in high quality, the signature must be by hand, and come with a CD that contains the digital file of the work in the format TIFF with the resolution of 300 dpi.
9. JuryThe acceptance of the works, the selection, and the assigning of the prizes are completely up to the jury nominated by the FASI.The jury is composed of: Gavino Sanna - President, Giuliano Rossetti, Tonino Mulas, Luca Paulesu, Giovanni Sorcinelli 'Gióx', Bepi VignaBruno Culeddu: Secretary without the ability to vote.The decisions of the jury are non debatable or up for appeal.The results of the jury will be given directly to the winning artists and published on the website of the Burgosatira, of the FASI and of FanoFunny.com
10. ExhibitionsIn 2011 (the anniversary of the Proclamation of the Unity of Italy), dates listed below, the works will be exhibited in Torino, Firenze, Roma, Cagliari and Burgos.The works will be consigned to the Museum of the Satire of Burgos, for a permanent exhibit.From Burgos will begin a touring exhibit throughout the various communities of Sardegna and all of Italy. This touring exhibit will also go abroad and be under the care of ACLI Sardegna and move throughout the Sardinian club worldwide.The inauguration ceremony and the awards ceremony will be held in Torino, which was the original capital of Italy.
11. CatalogueAll the authors selected for the catalogue will receive a free copy of said catalogue.
12. Ownership and rightsThe Organization reserves all rights to reproduce and distribute the works in any form and to organize exhibitions with selected works in any location in Italy or abroad, citing the author, without any payment. All the works submitted will not be returned and will remain the property of the Comune of Burgos where they will be exhibited and cared for by the Museo della Satira.The participation in the contest implies that complete acceptance from the part of the author to all the conditions and rules herein stated and implied.For further information, visit our website or email us:Segretery Festivalfasicentro@virgilio.it
Phone/Fax (+39)055.242006 (+39)055.240549
Other great intl contests supported by FanoFunny
STUDIO ARTE ANDOMEDA (Italy)
Theme: Italian Land
Deadline: April 15, 2010
Money Prize: 2.500 €uro
WATER INTERNATIONAL CARTOONET (Iran)
Theme: Water - Best usage of water
Deadline: April 20, 2010
Money Prize: 6.000 US$
TRASIMENO BLUES CARTOON FEST (Italy)
Theme: The BluesHarp Harmonica
Deadline: April 30, 2010
Money Prize: 750 €uro
All the regulations