19th International Festival "Humor at Gura Humorului" 2009: The Crisis' Smile
The District Centre for Conserving and Promoting Traditional Culture, SuceavaGura Humorului TownhallBest Western Bucovina Hotel"Terra Design" Print Shop Gura Humorului“Humor...at GURA HUMORULUI” International festival of Cartoon and Humorous Literature the 19th edition, 2009The 19th edition of “Humor...at GURA HUMORULUI”, the International Festival of Cartoon and Humorous Literature will be held in the period 3-5th of July, 2009 as part of the Festive Days of Humor City.
The Contest Regulations - Cartoon:
1. The theme of the edition: ”The crisis’ smile”
2. The eligible works are the ones which have not been published or awarded any prizes for other contests.
3. All the works will have on the backside the name of the author and contact data (address, telephone number, e-mail account).
4. A page A3 or A4 will be the right dimensions of the works.
5. The technique used for the works will be at the free choice of the artist.
6. The works are not to be returned. They will be part of the “Humor...at GURA HUMORULUI” festival's patrimony and the organizers are entitled to use them as materials edited later, but with the name of the author on them.
7. The participants are required to send the following papers with their works: the completed entry form attached, a brief CV and a personal photo or portrait/caricature self portrait of the following minimum dimensions: 6x9 cm (on paper) or 710 x 1065 pix. (digital format).
8. Number of works: 3 (three)
9. The deadline for the works is June 10, 2009 (the post date)
10. The prizewinners are to be notified by June 27, 2009, to be present for the Awards Festivity on Sunday, July 5, 2009 and will be provided accommodation and meals. Transport expenses will be the responsibility of the participant or the organization/institution he/she is part of. In case other people will accompany the participants, they will pay all the expenses incurred. In addition, the organizers are to be notified in due time, no later than June 30, 2009 to make the necessary reservations.
11. The list of the jury members will be posted on the site
http://www.gurahumorului.info/ starting with June 15, 2009.
12. The prizes to be awarded:- 1st Prize Eur 500- 2nd Prize Eur 300- 3rd Prize Eur 200- The “George Gavrilean” Prize for the débutantes from Bucovina Eur 200.
13. The jury is the one to decide upon awarding or not awarding or re-allocating the prizes. In addition, the jury will decide the works or the authors that can be rewarded by sponsors, associations, mass-media, institutions, commercial societies or private persons.
14. There will be no fee for participation.The works will be sent to the following address:Muzeul Obiceiurilor Populare din Bucovina, Piata Republicii nr.2, 725300 Gura Humorului, judetul Suceava ROMANIA
Telephone at the Museum: 0040.230.231.108 or mobile phone: 00 40 724 576 000 , 00 40 740 926 479