The First International Cartoon Contest
We sincerely invite you to participate in the competition , it is great honor for us to have your submissions in our contest.We are going to highlight one of the most serious problems- alcohol addiction and alcoholism. Modern World face to huge problem – alcohol consumption dramatically increased during last years. It caused kind’s alcoholism, numerous deaths in traffic accidents, family drama, health problems and other social disasters. Let’s mock people with a bottle in hand in a smart and intelligent way, like you usually doing, dear collegues!
Thanks for your support and courage,Sincerely yours,
1. The contest is Open to all artists worldwide, cartoonists, caricaturists, painters, illustrators, etc.
IN VINO VERITAS
3. Number of entries: unlimited
4. The size of the works should be A4 or A3.
5. The works whether they have been awarded in other contests previously will be accepted. Participants should send their original works (black and white or in color up to 2mb, 300 dpi),filled and signed entry form, given in the bottom of this letterand picture of the cartoonist by e-mail in jpeg format to firstname.lastname@example.org
Aislin (Terry Mosher) cartoonist, MontrealGuy Badeaux (Bado) cartoonist, OttawaPaul Marechal, historian of art, MontrealJohn A. Lent Professor of Temple University, USAVictor Bogorad, cartoonist, St-Peterburg, RussiaVjacheslav Shilov, cartoonist, St-Petersburg, RussiaLeonid Mel’nik, St.-Petersburg, RussiaSergej Samonenko, publisher and collector, St.-Petersburg, RussiaOleg Dergachov, cartoonist, Montreal
6. Deadline for entries is November 27, 2010.
7. The works must be original. The authors should have full copyright and be responsible for all the legal responsibilities related to the productions copyright. Cartoons, accepted for exhibition and prize-awarded cartoons might be published for any kind of publications in press in advertising, concerning the contest.
10. 8 Prizes will be given:
FIRST PRIZE: sculpture Golden Quebec Banana + Dyploma+Catalogue
SECOND PRIZE: sculpture Silver Quebec Banana + Dyploma+Catalogue
THIRD PRIZE: sculpture Bronze Quebec Banana + Dyploma+Catalogue
5 HONORABLE PRIZES: bronze Medal + Dyploma+Catalogue
Original bronze sculptures Quebec Banana will be made by Oleg Dergachov and send to all the prize-winners.
8. Some of accepted works will be printed in a brochure, on posters, in the world press or other printed matter for the purpose of publicizing the exhibition. In these cases, any fee for the use of works will not be paid.
9. Remark: the works will not be returned
10. Do Studio will print a catalog with awarded and selected by jury cartoons. Catalog will be sent to all the selected artists. Results of the contest will be published online on www.dostudio.ca after December 4th 2010
60 best Selected cartoons + 8 awarded cartoons will be exhibited in Montreal, in a cartoon art gallery DO STUDIO from January 3rd 2011, till February 6th 2011.
10. Participation in the contest means the complete acceptance of all the above conditions and agreements with jury's.
GALLERY-STUDIO DO2285 rue Cardinal,Montreal, H4E 1N7, Quebec, Canada