6th International Istanbul Cartoon Festival - ENERGY
Dear cartoonist friend,
Cartoonists all around the world participated to the international cartoon festivals which were organized by Yeni Yuksektepe Cultural Assosiation in the recent years. The first festival’s subject we arranged was mixed(1997); the second festival’s subject was “East and West”(2000); the third festival’s subject was “Water and Life”(2003), the fourth festival’s subject was “Global Warming”(2005), the fifth festival’s subject was “Intercultural Tolerance”(2007) – in total 30 countries, 431 cartoonists, 1209 cartoons-.
Even from now on, The Energy Issue has priority among the Sustainable Development Objectives of The United Nations, so we have decided to arrange the 6th International Istanbul Cartoon Festival on the this issue.
Energy is changing the map of the world; in the near future the most important issue which is underscored will be the energy problem. As Yeni Yüksektepe Cultural Association, we will be waiting different explanations from the cartoonists all over the world to be able to draw people’s attention to this increasing energy problem and its possible solutions.
The cartoons to be exhibited during the festival in Istanbul will also be exhibited in other branches of our association which are in other cities of Turkey such as Ankara, Izmir, Adana, Antalya, Van, Bursa, Izmit, Mersin, Aydın and associations in abroad which collabarates with Yeni Yüksektepe; for people who are interested in art.
We would like to invite you to the 6th International Cartoon Festival which will be held on 10-18 October 2009 with your talented cartoons.
ACTIVITIES DURING THE FESTIVAL :
1) EXHIBITIONS : Personal and collective exhibitions of the cartoons under the theme of “Energy” will take place during 10-25 October 2009. More than 200 well-known cartoonists are expected to participate to the exhibition as before.
2) SYMPOSIUM: An opportunity is created for inter-disciplinary sworks by performing a symposium under the theme of “Energy” with participation of guests on arts, science, philosophy.
3) WORKSHOP : The aim is to highlight the importance of “Energy” once more and also to increase the interest to the art of cartoon among people in the workshops which is participated by cartoonists and people.
Detailed information about the place and the daily programme of events will be announced by our website soon.
TERMS OF PARTICIPATION :
1) The theme of the exhibition is “Energy”. Cartoons not related with the main theme and the sub- themes, may not take part in the festival and the exhibition. The final decision is to be given by the Organizational Committee, and this committee works with cartoonist Tan Oral’s chairmanship.
2) Technique: Free. Black/white or colour.
3) Dimension: A4 or A3. No passé partout, no frame.
4) By post: If this way is preferred, cartoons shouldn’t have passé partout and frame. Please send them with filled participation form to the below address.
Yeni Yuksektepe Kultur Dernegi,
Muhurdar Cad. Gunesli Bahce Sok. No: 50 34710 Kadikoy-Istanbul-TURKEY
5) By website: Cartoons should have 300 dpi resolution and JPEG formatted. (Max. 2 MB)
6) Work should be named. Example: nameandsurnameofartist_nameofwork.jpeg
7) No limitation for the number of works to be sent for the exhibition.
Sending Back the cartoons:
8) All cartoons will be kept in the cartoon archives of Yeni Yüksektepe Cultural Association and will not be sent back, unless there is a special request from the artist to send his/her work back.
Usage Rights of the cartoons:
All the usage rights of the cartoons are belong to Yeni Yuksektepe Cultural Association without any commercial purposes. The originals may be printed or exhibited in Turkey or abroad; used for the books, magazines, catalogues, brochures, VCD’s and DVD’s to be printed by Yeni Yüksektepe and its corporative associations in Turkey or abroad; sent to another association in Turkey or abroad for the purpose of exhibiting or printing without commercial purpose by Yeni Yüksektepe. Even if the cartoonist sends the originals or the copies to Yeni Yüksektepe, the cartoonist will be the owner of the publication and financial rights. Cartoons that were exhibited in the festival will be covered under a booklet. A copy of the booklet will be uploaded on the Internet web site http://cartoonistfest.org free for download. News covering the festival will also be available on the same web site. The originals may be used in the news coverage about the Festival in the Print and TV Media.
9) The deadline for the cartoons to arrive to the Festival Organizational Committee is 1thSeptember 2009.
10) Please send a reply e-mail to notice that you have received this e-mail.
What is Yeni Yuksektepe Cultural Association?
Yeni Yüksektepe Cultural Association is a non-profit, non-governmental, philosophical-cultural organisation which does not have a religious or political identity.
Yeni Yüksektepe organises helpful activities for public interest and community awareness; aims to improve the world of culture with cultural activities; helps people in need in emergency situations by the GEA search and rescue team; protects nature through ecological activities. All activities organised by Yeni Yuksektepe are based on universal principles:
· To unite human beings regardless of their creeds, races, and social status around an ideal of love, respect, tolerance and universal fraternity.
· To awaken a global vision in men and women through the comparative study of sciences, religions, arts and philosophies.
· To enable men and women to live as a part of nature and to express their true personalities, by developing the capacities of each individual.
We would be pleased to stay in contact with you and thank you very much for your attention.
Yeni Yuksektepe Cultural Association Kadikoy Branch
Public Relations Department Manager
For your questions you can call us (after 18:30 on weekdays, after 13:30 on Saturdays) or send an e-mail.
Yeni Yuksektepe Cultural Association Kadikoy Branch
Tel: +90 216 336 36 11
Fax: +90 216 418 11 07
Mobile: +90 535 472 34 74 (Ms. Anıl Aykan,) +90 544 327 29 61 (Mrs. Ayça Burcu Tan)
Date of birth:
I accept all terms and conditions of the festival which is organized by Yeni Yüksektepe Cultural Association.